Finding a Closing Attorney for Daniel Island SC
Are you looking to purchase a new home on Daniel Island? Or are you trying to sell the property you currently own? No matter what side of a real estate transaction you’re on, you’ll require a closing attorney for Daniel Island SC. Thankfully, finding closing attorneys well-versed in local real estate law is easy when you call Buxton & Collie, LLC. Allow our team to lend a hand in your property’s closing.
What Does the Property Closing Process Cover?
From shortly before a sale’s closing to after its completion, a closing attorney for Daniel Island SC will be there for you every step of the way. In addition to your sale’s closing day, Buxton & Collie assists with the legal concern’s you’re most likely to face before and after a property transaction. Here are the steps our attorneys take during your real estate sale:
- Information Gathering – Once you find a property you’re interested in, your attorney will first gather as much information on the property as possible. This includes termite reports, home inspections, homeowner insurance policy info, home warranty info, and more.
- Title Search – The most crucial part of information gathering is the title search. Your attorney will examine the property’s title, checking whether all liens, mortgages, property taxes, easements, etc., have been resolved. If we discover issues, we work to resolve them quickly and help you apply for title insurance.
- Document Prep – After gathering a complete picture of your property and title, we put together all necessary documents to complete the transaction, such as deeds and settlement statements. Legal documentation can be more significant and complicated for commercial real estate than residential.
- Closing – The day has finally arrived to close on your sale. With coordination from your attorney, the day’s proceedings should be relatively straightforward. We discuss and review all documents with the buyer, seller and other parties. Once everyone is on the same page and in agreement, we facilitate the signing of documents, and everyone shakes hands on a successful sale!
- Wrap-Up – Outside of closing, there are a few tasks left for our attorneys to complete. Our team manages the disbursement of funds to all parties (transactions, commissions, seller’s funds, etc.). Finally, to make your transaction official, we update your property title and deed and file all necessary documents under public record.
Further Legal Services
Whether contending with a commercial or residential property sale, Buxton & Collie’s team possesses the skill and experience to assist with all real estate law matters. Additionally, our attorneys specialize in legal practices focused on the needs of families or businesses. Through estate planning, we help families looking to create wills or trusts and guide executors after a loved one’s passing. Or, for your business, we assist with legal concerns involving incorporation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, purchase agreements, and more.
Talk with Our Team
To ensure your real estate closing goes off without a hitch, you require services from a closing attorney for Daniel Island SC. Find an attorney near you by calling Buxton & Collie, LLC today at 843-830-4305 to request a consultation. We are located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.