Be Prepared for Anything with Estate Planning in Awendaw SC
There’s no way to predict the future. The best we can do is to be prepared for anything. And being prepared for anything includes the unfortunate scenario of you or a loved one’s death. To be ready for such an unfortunate incident means planning for what’s to come after one’s passing. And with estate planning for Awendaw SC, this is precisely what you can do: be prepared. Allow Buxton & Collie, LLC to show you what can be done.
Considering Your Family’s Future
The purpose of estate planning is not only to protect your assets after you’re gone but to ensure they can go towards supporting your family in a meaningful way. Without estate planning, you leave your family’s future up to chance.
- Preserving Your Assets
- Probate, while a helpful and necessary process, can also be stressful, expensive and time-consuming. If your estate goes to the state through probate, it’s up to the courts to handle the remainder of your estate. However, you can protect your estate from taxes and probate fees by establishing a will and trusts, leaving more behind for your loved ones.
- Choosing Your Beneficiaries
- Another disadvantage of probate is the lack of control you have. If there is no will or trusts naming beneficiaries of your estate, the courts must decide instead. And leaving this choice up to the courts can cause further distress for your family and inheritance. Conversely, through estate planning in Awendaw SC, you can choose beneficiaries ahead of time and set stipulations for how or when assets can be used or accessed.
- Selecting Power of Attorney
- Estate planning also involves power of attorney in the case you or a loved one becomes incapable of making decisions by themselves. Whether due to illness or injury, you can assign power of attorney to a family member or friend you most trust to make health or financial decisions for you and your family. If you do not determine power of attorney, the courts will instead handle such vital decisions.
Helpful Legal Counsel
If estate planning isn’t your only legal concern, the Buxton & Collie team can assist with various other legal matters. For example, our legal practices include real estate law. We can assist with the closing process of any real estate sale or purchase. Or, if you’re a business owner, we can act as your professional legal counsel on matters of business law, mergers & acquisitions, private equity and more.
Talk with Our Team
Don’t let the probate process drag your family down after the passing of a loved one. Allow Buxton & Collie, LLC to assist with estate planning for Awendaw SC. You can contact us today at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, we are located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.