Considering Business Incorporation in Charleston County SC? Call Buxton & Collie
As your business becomes more successful, it comes time to consider the next steps for ensuring continued growth. However, much of what you can do to expand your company is limited until you incorporate. For business owners, incorporation is the first step towards building an entity that can outlast you! As such, Buxton & Collie, LLC is well versed in business incorporation for Charleston County SC. Talk with our team to discuss your options for incorporation.
What it Means to Incorporate
Business incorporation is the legal process for which the state formally recognizes your proprietorship or partnership into a company. In performing this process, your business is created as a separate entity, set apart from your personal investments. As a separate entity, you can sign contracts, negotiate deals, purchase property, and more through your new corporation or limited liability company (LLC) instead of yourself.
Should Your Business Incorporate?
Whether a small or growing company, business incorporation in Charleston County SC provides numerous benefits to you, your employees, investors, and clients. For example, some benefits of incorporation include:
- Separation of Finances -; Incorporating allows owners and shareholders to no longer tie their personal finances to their business. This is especially useful when tax planning or protecting your assets against potential litigation.
- Tax Advantages -; Not having your business taxes mixed with your personal taxes isn’t the only tax benefit to incorporation. A corporation or LLC has access to more deductions and incentives as a separate legal entity.
- Easier to Divest -; Whether you’re looking to retire, wish to hand your business to a successor, or are looking to sell your company, incorporating ensures that legally divesting from your business is more straightforward.
- Improve Your Brand and Reputation -; With incorporation comes the title of LLC or S/C Corporation. Besides the legal perks of incorporation, your brand and reputation with benefit. A formal confirmation of your business creates more credibility for potential clients or investors.
- More Capital Options -; Incorporated businesses have more legal options when raising capital. For example, your corporation can issue shares of stocks, take out more sizeable bank loans, open lines of credit, etc.
- Establish Permanence -; No longer connecting yourself directly to your business ensures your company can live on in perpetuity. Even after your retirement or passing, your company will continue to operate as its own entity, under the guidance of new management, owners, and shareholders.
Discuss Business Law with Our Team
Business incorporation in Charleston County SC is only one aspect of the numerous business legal services Buxton & Collie, LLC can offer. Additionally, we assist with legal matters involving the purchase or sale of real estate and estate planning for families and individuals. If you’d like to learn more about our legal services, call Buxton & Collie at 843-606-2397 to schedule a consultation. Also, our office is located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.