A Successful Transaction Needs a Home Purchase Attorney for Daniel Island SC
South Carolina legislators made it a legal requirement to have an attorney assist with real estate transactions and be present at the closing of a sale. And as a home purchase attorney for Daniel Island SC, we couldn’t agree more with this decision. Buxton & Collie, LLC understands how challenging real estate law can be to navigate. Without proper legal guidance, you risk making mistakes that can cost you financially in the long run.
The Step-by-Step Real Estate Process for Attorneys
Just as sellers, lenders and realtors go through the real estate process in steps, so too do attorneys. However, our process differs in that we provide checks on all other parties and the documentation they provide.
- Receive and Act Upon Contract – Upon receiving the contract for a home sale, an attorney will make sure to obtain all the correct documents for both parties, such as banking documents, inspection reports, loan insurance and more.
- Perform a Title Search – Next, we perform a title search on the home you wish to purchase. Not only does this give us a fuller picture of the property, but if there are existing issues from the previous owners (legal wills, divorce settlements, liens, etc.).
- Resolve Title Issues – If problems are discovered with a title, an attorney will work with all parties to resolve said problems. Once the title is clear, the sale can proceed.
- Acquire Title Insurance – At this point, most lenders require you to purchase title insurance for the property being bought, so your finances and their bottom-line are protected. An attorney can find you an insurer and help you sign up for title insurance.
- Gather Documents – As the closing date approaches, an attorney will review all documents. We make sure to prepare everything necessary for a sale.
- The Closing – On the closing date, an attorney will facilitate the transaction between the buyer and seller. A home purchase attorney for Daniel Island SC has several roles on closing day. Such roles include explaining all documents and terms of the contract, providing all documents for parties to sign, disbursing all funds to the appropriate parties, and recording all legal documents for public record.
Speak with an Attorney
Whether you need a home purchase attorney for Daniel Island SC, an estate planning professional or a team of lawyers for business law in South Carolina, Buxton & Collie, LLC is here to help. To learn more about the services we offer families and businesses, call us today at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, we are located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd #100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.