Need Help with Mergers and Acquisitions in Awendaw SC? Call Buxton & Collie!
The successful operation of your business is crucial to its growth and expansion. And as a business owner, you might be presented with the unique opportunity of merging with or acquiring another business. If this is the case, having a legal professional guide you through the process of mergers and acquisitions in Awendaw SC is necessary for a smooth and stress-free transition. It’s time to give Buxton & Collie, LLC a call!
Understanding Mergers and Acquisitions
If you’re new to the merger and acquisition game, here are a few crucial factors you should know about the processes:
- For Both – Mergers and acquisitions both end with the consolidation of finances, assets, property, and operations of two businesses into one. Due to this similarity, the terms merger and acquisition are sometimes used interchangeably. However, functionally, each process meets the same end through differing processes.
- Mergers – A merger is a specific agreement drawn up between two companies. The agreement underlines a partnership between the two businesses that create a new entity. That entity encompasses all aspects of the previous two businesses.
- Acquisitions – A acquisition is more one-sided than mergers. Specifically, in an acquisition, one business engages in the buyout or purchase of another business. The result is the dissolution of one company and incorporating all its parts into the other company doing the purchasing.
The Legal Tasks of Our Attorneys
Our team performs numerous tasks when completing mergers and acquisitions for Awendaw SC businesses. We aim to see your companies reach an agreeable solution that meets the goals of all parties. As such, the legal tasks we perform include:
- Identification of potential legal issues with merger or acquisition deal
- Investigation of due diligence for both parties
- Offer advice on a deal and potential negotiating tactics
- Uncover regulatory obstacles and work to overcome them
- Procure financing for the deal
- Helping each company achieve a seamless transition
Business Law Professionals
As area business lawyers for Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Awendaw and the surrounding communities, our team can manage more than mergers and acquisitions. Our deep understanding of South Carolina business law allows Buxton & Collie to offer services such as:
- Partner Disputes
- Shareholder Agreements
- Start-Up Planning
- Stock Offerings
- Asset Sales
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- And More
Talk with Our Team
When you require legal assistance when managing mergers and acquisitions in Awendaw SC, be sure to get in touch with the professionals at Buxton & Collie, LLC today! Or, for additional legal assistance with matters involving estate planning, real estate law or private equity, call our team at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, we are located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.