Successfully Complete Property Sales with a Real Estate Attorney Near You
Due to South Carolina law requiring property attorneys to be present at any real estate transaction, there’s no shortage of the property attorneys you can employ. However, your attorney determines the difference between a complicated and smooth sales process. Finding an experienced and area-specific real estate attorney near you can ensure your property sale goes off without a hitch. Trust the Buxton & Collie, LLC team to act as your preferred real estate attorney.
An Attorney for Buyers
Whether going through your first or hundredth property purchase, a real estate attorney will always provide valuable guidance and services throughout the buying process. As such, we help potential buyers with such matters as:
- Due Diligence (Title Searches)
- In a buyer’s attempts to ensure a property is free of issues, they will go through due diligence, requesting building or land inspections and a title search. Your attorney will uncover potential issues like unpaid property taxes or liens through title searches and work to resolve them promptly.
- Document Review
- There are dozens of documents associated with real estate deals and even more for commercial property sales. Your attorney will assist by reviewing all legal documentation for accuracy and errors. Furthermore, we can help determine whether the terms of an agreement are in your best interests or require continued negotiation.
- Final Closing
- A real estate attorney near you can act as the facilitator of your property transaction. We oversee the final negotiations between the buyer, seller and lenders. Our roles include the presentation and review of documents, the exchange of funds between parties, and the official documentation of the complete transaction.
An Attorney for Sellers
Property attorneys are as essential for the seller as they are for the buyer. No matter what side of a real estate transaction an attorney is on, our goal is to help the process go as smoothly as possible. Thus, we provide such services as:
- Agreement Drafting
- The purchase agreements prepared by real estate agents often include generalized language and are incredibly “boilerplate.” To ensure an agreement meets your best interests, an attorney can assist with drafting documentation.
- Unique Sale Scenarios
- Issues such as foreclosures or property easements can cause issues if you’re trying to sell commercial or residential property. An attorney can help resolve these problems before bringing your property to market.
- Final Closing
- The same as is done with a buyer, the seller will utilize the skills of a real estate attorney to facilitate the final closing of a transaction.
Give Us a Call
To ensure the success of your property transaction, be sure you enlist the guidance of a real estate attorney near you. Get in touch with the legal professionals at Buxton & Collie, LLC today. Contact us today at 843-606-2397. Also, we offer legal services related to business law, private equity, estate planning, and more. Our office is located at 940 Jonnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.