An Experienced Real Estate Attorney for Sullivan’s Island SC Property Closings
Whether a first-time buyer or someone well versed in property sales, buying and selling real estate can be a complicated process. Even with personal experience, keeping track of all the correct documentation and legal requirements is enough for anyone to get confused. Thankfully, it’s the job of your real estate attorney for Sullivan’s Island SC to consider the details during a property closing. Allow Buxton & Collie, LLC to assist with real estate law for South Carolina.
Questions About Local Real Estate Law
Real estate law tends to differ from state to state, and South Carolina is no exception. However, our law firm has over a decade’s worth of experience when it comes to handling real estate law for the state. We can guide you through every sale and purchase with ease.
- Do You Need a Real Estate Attorney? – In South Carolina, state law dictates the need for an attorney to be present at every real estate closing. This is done to protect both the rights of the buyer and seller. Furthermore, while knowledgeable and professional, real estate agents don’t have the correct legal qualifications to complete a real estate transaction.
- What Does a Real Estate Attorney Do? – Your attorney takes care of prep work in the lead up to your sale’s closing. This may include performing a title search, securing title insurance, reviewing all documents, and facilitating the final sale, among other assorted tasks.
- Is There a Difference Between Residential and Commercial Real Estate Sales? – The short answer: yes! While preparation for residential real estate is relatively straightforward for every sale, more goes into commercial sales. Your real estate attorney for Sullivan’s Island SC must cover lease agreements, local zoning laws, property history, development management contracts, easements and more.
- What Can Buxton & Collie Do? – Throughout Sullivan’s Island, Charleston, Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding communities, we assist with residential and commercial property sales. Such real estate law services we offer include:
- Residential Closings
- Commercial Closings
- Mortgage Loan Closings
- Short Sales
- Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Title Insurance
- Title Examinations
Additional Legal Services
If you need more than a real estate attorney, the Buxton & Collie team has you covered. Our legal services look to help our clients be successful in all walks of life. For example, we prepare individuals and families for life’s eventualities by creating wills, establishing trusts, and other estate planning. Or, for businesses looking for legal counsel, help with mergers and acquisitions, dealing with private equity, and more, we provide guidance on local business law.
Discover how Buxton & Collie, LLC can best assist you as your real estate attorney for Sullivan’s Island SC by calling today! You can contact us at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, we are located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.