Complete Your Transaction with a Residential Real Estate Attorney for Charleston SC
Are you looking to buy a new house? Or are you wanting to sell your old home? No matter if you’re a buyer or seller, you’ll need a residential real estate attorney for Charleston SC. And when looking for the right attorneys, look no further than Buxton & Collie LLC.
With South Carolina law requiring all real estate closings to be supervised by a licensed attorney, Buxton & Collie works to help you through the property sales process quickly. We assist clients with a wide variety of real estate matters and are happy to provide you with our experience and legal counsel.
Help for the Buyer or Seller
It doesn’t matter what side of the transaction you’re on; a real estate attorney can help with purchasing or selling a property. However, depending on what side we’re on, we can assist with different parts of a property transaction.
- Checking a Title – The property title determines who currently possesses ownership over a piece of property. It’s the job of a real estate attorney to help handoff a title and ensure there are no problems with it. For example, a title search could uncover liens placed on a piece of property.
- Reviewing Documents – With the amount of documentation and contracts that accompany a real estate sale, it’s important to have someone look over everything. Thus, a real estate attorney can address potential errors and ensure the buyer is treated fairly in all associated documents.
- Closing a Sale – Ultimately, a real estate attorney must be present at closing to make the finalization of a property sale official and legally binding. Furthermore, it’s to protect a buyer from potential legal trouble if the seller tries to back out.
- Review Offer – If the seller requests changes to be made to a sale’s terms, an attorney can ensure they’re documented.
- Title Clearing – If a title search uncovers problems with a property’s title (boundary disputes, liens, etc.), a seller’s attorney can help resolve such issues.
- Connect You with Professionals – To finalize a sale, specific terms for a home inspection or appraisal need to be met. If this is the case, your residential real estate attorney for Charleston SC can connect you with inspectors, appraisers, escrow managers and more.
Learn More About Buxton & Collie
While we provide support as a residential real estate attorney for Charleston SC, Buxton & Collie also works in other legal practice areas. For example, we can assist clients with estate planning, business law, private equity and more. So, to learn what our team is capable of, or if you need representation for your next real estate transaction, call Buxton & Collie LLC today at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, our office is located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd #100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.