Home Sales Made Easy with a Residential Real Estate Attorney for Kiawah Island SC
No matter whether you’re looking to sell real estate or want to buy a new home, you need the guidance of a real estate attorney. Per South Carolina law, a licensed attorney is required at the closing of any property transaction. However, when considering the benefits of having a legal professional facilitate a sale, you’ll understand why it’s a requirement! And when considering a residential real estate attorney for Kiawah Island SC, look no further than Buxton & Collie LLC.
Guidance for Buyers
From the beginning of a sale up to its closing, a real estate attorney can guide you every step of the way. Once you find your dream home, our goal is to ensure the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Prepare Documents – All loan documents, contracts, title agreements and more your real estate attorney will prepare.
- Final Property Checks – If there are undisclosed property issues, financing problems and more, our attorneys will work to resolve everything before the final sale.
- Set Up Title Insurance – An attorney will walk you through the benefits of title insurance, what it entails, and help you sign all associated documentation.
- Distinguish Between Primary and Non-Primary – Did you know there is a difference in property tax assessments between primary and non-primary residences in South Carolina? Kiawah is a resort/vacation destination, so often the property is not a primary residence. It’s important for property owners to be assessed correctly, and our team makes sure buyers understand the difference.
- Facilitate a Sale – When it comes to the closing meeting, our attorneys facilitate the sale. We double-check all documentation and ensure to distribute funds to the appropriate parties.
Guidance for Sellers
Whether it’s your first-time selling property or your hundredth, our attorneys make sure you get everything you want out of a sale. We sit down with you to oversee your real estate sale all the way to completion.
- Communication – Your attorney can be the main point of contact for a home sale between the buyer and the seller. We make sure to inform everyone of the current deal and potential changes to it.
- Avoid Errors – To prevent potential legal issues with a sale, your attorney will double-check all prepared documentation. We confirm everything necessary for a legally binding sale is correct and present in your contracts.
- Check Titles – Before your sale progresses, a real estate attorney will ensure there are no issues with a property’s title. If there are problems (foreclosure, liens, judgments), we will help you resolve them before moving forward.
How Our Team Can Assist
As a residential real estate attorney for Kiawah Island SC, we’ve helped hundreds of residents sell or purchase property. Our understanding of local real estate law allows us to implement a transaction strategy that’s both legally sound and timely. Or, if you need assistance with other legal matters, we employ attorneys experienced in mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, business law and more.
To learn more about Buxton & Collie LLC and how we can assist you with selling or buying real estate throughout South Carolina, contact us today at 843-606-2397 to request a consultation. Also, our office is located at 940 Johnnie Dodds Blvd #100, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.